About Wheatgrass Nutri-Shots
WHEATGRASS JUICE INFORMATION
Frozen organic wheatgrass juice provides convenience and is a great way to get the benefits of fresh wheatgrass without the hassle of juicing daily. Especially if you are on the go and very busy.
Wheatgrass is often referred to as a green superfood by Natural Health experts as it has exceptional nutritional properties. It's powerful because it is high in chlorophyll, phytonutrients, many vitamins, minerals and amino acids. One of the prerequisites for maintaining good health is keeping the body in an alkaline state (a little higher than 7 pH). Various types of cancers and other diseases develop in an acidic environment but are less likely to exist in an alkaline one. Wheatgrass, thanks to its strong alkalizing property assists in keeping the pH of your body in an alkaline state.
Further, some test-tube studies have found that wheatgrass may help kill cancer cells, due to its high nutrient and antioxidant content. Research has shown that wheatgrass has anti-cancer potential and can be an effective addition to cancer treatment programs. When used alongside conventional cancer treatment like chemotherapy, wheatgrass helps in boosting the immune system and in detoxifying the body.
Drinking wheatgrass supplies protein to help rebuild cells, and can boost your metabolism and aid in weight loss. It's an excellent choice if you're watching your weight because it's low in calories and has no fat. Wheatgrass is a nutrient-dense food, leading many to feel fuller faster and longer. This can help to reduce cravings.
Wheatgrass is generally considered safe for those with celiac disease or a sensitivity to gluten. This is because only the seeds of the wheat kernel contain gluten — not the grass. If you do have a sensitivity to gluten, it's best to consult your doctor before consuming wheatgrass or stick to products that are certified gluten-free.
We hope you enjoy a daily Wheatgrass Nutri-Shot as a valuable addition to your diet and, like many other people, make it part of your daily routine for a boost in vitality and well-being.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Place your frozen juice in your freezer immediately after receiving it. When stored in your home freezer, it will keep up to 6 months. Do not consume after the best before date.
Generally, it's recommended to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to avoid nausea. When taken on an empty stomach, it gets incorporated into the blood in about 20 minutes, affording a natural glow and an instant burst of energy to the drinker.
One portion provides one daily helping of 30ml (one fluid ounce or about two tablespoonfuls). If you are on a special healing regime, your practitioner may advocate gradually increasing this dose, in some cases, up to 2x60ml daily.
Take one portion cup (or more if required) from your freezer:
- If you prefer to drink it neat, thaw your wheatgrass by running the cup under cool water, and give your wheatgrass a little shake.
- Some enjoy their wheatgrass thawed in some water.
- Toss the frozen juice in your blender with your shake, or if thawed, in salad dressings, teas or other beverages.
- If you find the flavour to be too strong for your liking, try mixing it with other fresh juices such as carrot, apple, pear or pineapple, or with other green drinks (avoid mixing it with orange juice as this may be too acidic). Stir continuously for a minute or two to thaw, and then drink immediately. *If you are on a special healing regime, please seek advice from your practitioner on which juices are suitable mixers.
The green chlorophyll present in wheatgrass juice does separate from the liquid during thawing. Gentle stirring will mix them back together before drinking.
If you have not tasted Wheatgrass juice before, it is an acquired taste, as it has a strong and sweet flavour that some people find they need time to adjust to.
Wheatgrass is one of the most detoxifying foods that exists in nature. If you are looking to relieve your body from the harmful toxins and their damaging effects, you need to start consuming wheatgrass juice on a regular basis. You might experience headaches and nausea as side effects early on if you are a complete beginner to it. These side effects are a direct consequence of the body releasing toxins back into your blood and lymph to be taken out of the body, thus signaling the detox being carried out by the juice.
We recommend you first try a smaller amount of the Wheatgrass juice before increasing your daily consumption.
HIGHLIGHTS AND ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF WHEATGRASS
- It contains 98 of the 102 Earth elements
- High in nutrients and antioxidants
- An abundance of fresh, raw chlorophyll and full of phytonutrients
- High in minerals and vitamins (especially high in vitamins A, C and E, as well as iron, magnesium, calcium and amino acids. It's also a vegetable source of Vitamin B12)
- Alkalizes the body
- Detoxifies the liver
- Improves immune function
- Produces energy and reduces fatigue (due to high iron content which increases the production of red blood cells and results in more in energy in the body)
- A source of protein
- Good for digestion
- Alleviates inflammation (i.e. chronic bowel inflammation, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, sore throats)
- Effective in the prevention of cancer and helps with treating cancer
- Improves mental health and clarity, relieving depression, anxiety and preventing memory loss
- Helps improve eyesight, due to containing 2x the amount of vitamin A found in carrots
- According to a number of studies, lowers cholesterol
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Aids in weight loss, reduces food cravings and increases satiety
- Prevents kidney stones
WHEATGRASS THERAPY IS RECOMMENDED FOR THE FOLLOWING DISEASES
- Parkinson’s disease
- Joint pains